Thursday 29 September 2011

Welcome!

Hello,


Basically, I'm Becka, 16 and from living in the beautiful seaside resort Torquay. I am currently studying A-Levels which are, Health and Social, Science and English Language. After sixth form I plan on hopefully going to university and studying Physiotherapy and then to specialize in Sports Physio, but who knows what the future holds.


Just thought that I would get this blog off and running by writing my first post with a few things about myself. As you know can probably tell, I am an avid Torquay United Fan. I have been supporting Torquay all the way back since I was a little tot. I can always remember my first game. Was back in in 2003 as a school trip with my primary, was against Boston United. Since then, that is when my passion for football began...


Watching football made me realise that I wanted to get involved myself and join. So, I joined a team. Our team worked up the ranks and was officially ranked one of the top girls teams in Devon! We even got to play in Leeds with a Lego Association and ended up as runners up. My dad then set me up with a team called 'Torbay Colts' which at the time was a mixed boys and girls club. I settled there for around 2 years. However, things took a dramatic change, the team started to fold and I honestly thought that I could see myself retiring at the age of 10 haha!


Our football manager at the time then came up with an idea of starting his own team and rebuilding, we formed as 'Plainmoor Girls' and of course, played in pink!!. Still playing as goalkeeper/left midfield we weren't a bad little team at all. We even got the opportunity to travel to London, take part in a tournament and then watch Arsenal Ladies at Boreham Wood against Ukraine in the UEFA cup final! It wasn't long after that which things changed, I decided that maybe I wasn't enjoying playing as much and would rather be watching the beautiful sport itself. To cut a long story short, I then hung up my boots - which to this day I regret massively, and just now watch Torquay whether that is home or away with my dad and I wouldn't change it for the world!


Well that is a just a bit about me and my playing career and how I got involved in the sport. This blog will basically be all about Torquay's news and match reports. I hope you enjoy :)

1 comment: